What you believe about success and money no longer works. find out why.
Hi. I'm Ted McLyman.
"Personal, professional, and financial success is about knowing and managing your natural behavior. These are your super powers. And I'll help you discover what you's are." Ted McLyman
Represents a powerful paradigm shift...
As a business strategist who deals in results and behavioral consequences every day, I quickly recognized the immense value in Ted McLyman's behavioral financial planning model. It represents a powerful paradigm shift that I believe will rock the financial industry, restore confidence, and create results..."
TONY JEARY // Business Strategist, Coach, and Author
Will light up your room...
Ted’s passion will light up your room, providing attendees with practical ideas to easily attract prospects and turn them in to high-quality clients.
TOM HEGNA // Retirement Expert & Speaker, Author of Paychecks and Playchecks
the latest from my blog
Entrepreneur, business owner, author, speaker, trainer, Lt Col, USMC (Ret), and Ironman All World age group triathlete.
Over 30 years of award-winning experience, helping individuals and organizations achieve peak performance. BA Social Relations, Colgate University; MA Public Administration, Pepperdine University; and MS Performance Technology, Boise State University.
Founder Apexx Behavioral Solutions Group, financial advisor/agent; economics instructor, US Naval Academy; Aide to the Under Secretary of the Navy for Financial Management; Head, Marine Corp Training Management Division; Commander, USMC Financial Management School; artillery officer; Executive Office, Battle Assessment Team, Operation Desert Storm.
Authored three books on behavioral finance, created Quick Scan Money Temperament Assessment; technical consultant to "Behind the Money" program at Impact television; and Director, Behavioral Assessment, and Advisory Board Member at DreamSmartAcademy.com.
Detailed Background Information
- BS, Colgate University (Social Relations)
- MPA, Pepperdine University (Public Administration)
- MS, Instructional and Performance technology, Boise State University (Human Performance and Workplace Learning)
TurnKey Coaching and Development Solutions
Expert Trainer and Executive Coach
Director, APEXX Behavioral Solutions July 2016 – Present
Founder/Owner APEXX Behavioral Solutions Group April 2006 – Present
Founder/Owner E. P. McLyman and Associates, LLC January 1996 – Present
Lt Col U. S. Marine Corps (Ret): Served in various staff and command positions as artillery and financial management officer. Key assignments included:
- An aide to the Assistant Secretary of the Navy for Financial Management
- Head of USMC - Training Management Division
- Economics Instructor, US Naval Academy
- Battery and School Commander
- Executive Officer, Battle Assessment Group, 3d Marine Division (Attached) during Operation Desert Storm.
Consultant & Coach: Consulted and built instructional and performance systems for:
- Architect of the Capitol, Washington, D.C.
- Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C.
- Various small businesses
- Individual financial advisors and agent
Financial Advisor: Financial advisor, agent, and distract manager with two national firms. Founder and CEO of Apexx Behavioral Financial Group.
- Pinnacle (Top 10) producing advisor and agent
- Lead low producing district from bottom 10 to top 10 in eighteen months
- Built and sold successful financial planning agency
Business Owner: APEXX Behavioral Financial Group and E. P. McLyman and Associates. Provide behavioral economic and instructional and performance technology services and consulting.
- Director, Apexx Behavioral Solutions, DreamSmart Academy
- Partner and consultant, www.iPlan.com
- Creator of the Quick Scan Money Temperament Behavioral Assessment (www.iPlan.com).
Author: Non-fiction books, articles, and blog posts.
- Money Makes Me Crazy! A Prescription for Money Sanity (First runner-up eBook of the year 2011).
- Co-authored Money Makes Me Crazy, How I Squandered Millions Building the FUBU Empire with FUBU co-founder J. Alexander Martin. The book was selected by the National Urban League and presented to their Young Professional organizations.
- New Book “Discover Your Money Temperament” summer 2019
Speaker & Trainer: Keynote, featured presenter, seminars, and training on:
- Money Temperament
- Managing money behavior
- Human and Organizational Performance technology
- Entrepreneur Temperament
A public performance based training platform run by professional training designers and developers. We build and offer courses for entrepreneurs, business owners, financial professionals, and people who want more. Our team has over 80-years experience building courses that work.
Take a course or we will help you design, develop, and sell your course on our platform.
We'll also host your courses if you have one ready to go.
The DreamSmart Academy, (DSA) is a performance enhancing, behavioral based, socially conscious, online coaching and wellness curriculum. Our wellness curriculum aligns students/learners body, mind, soul, and finances.
To transform the lives of our students, DreamSmart Academy using the acronym (T.E.A.M.), Training, Education, Access, and Mentoring. DSA’s unique T.E.A.M. methodology provides our students/learners with intentional and systematic pathways to:
- Develop their mental strength
- Increase their emotional intelligence
- Boost their daily productivity
- Build mutually beneficial relationships
- Become people of great character
- Live their life based their life’s mission, purpose, and values
- Make sound financial decisions
Discover Your Entrepreneurial Temperament Course
This course is designed to help you discover your unique Entrepreneurial Temperament (ET) and teach you how to use it to build your business – and thrive.
Entrepreneurs are special people. They are dreamers, visionaries, and go-getters. Their world is dynamic and fast-paced. They are 100% responsible and accountable and for everything they do and fail to do.
Many tasks and duties, especially when launching a new venture, require unique behavioral traits and skills. Knowing what they are and the degree you possess these traits and skills will save you time and money, and significantly increase your odds of your success.
This course is based on the book Money Makes Me Crazy, How I Squandered Millions Building The FUBU Empire by FUBU co-founder and entrepreneur J. Alexander Martin, and author and entrepreneur Ted McLyman.
My Latest Book
FUBU co-founder and entrepreneur J. Alexander Martin shares his compelling story about how he helped build a neighborhood business into a billion-dollar international brand.
Teaming with behavioral finance expert and author Ted McLyman, they present an easy to understand and useful road map for success and financial security.
J uses his inspirational story as the backdrop to explain why financial success is about discovering your Money Values and Money Temperament.
This book offers an enlightening account of how our human nature conspires against us when we make money choices. This is a revolutionary approach to financial success and a must read for everyone who must decide how to spend their hard earned money.
Quick Scan Money Temperament Assessment
FREE Money Temperament Quick Scan(TM). Based on my books, the Quick Scan is a one-of-a-kind assessment that detects your unique preferences and attitudes about money and shows you how they influence your behavior. With the insight you gain from this assessment, you will have a better understanding of why you use money the way you do, which in turn can help guide your decision making to the best financial outcomes.
Put your hard-earned money back inside your wallet or purse. Before you spend another dollar, you need to understand why you behave the way you do with your money.
Success is made possible by discovering and managing YOUR UNIQUE MONEY TEMPERAMENT.
I'm Changing Business As Usual Video
Discover Your Natural SuperPower Video
Sample Training Video
Memorial Day Speech Audio
Look For New Book Early Fall 2019
Available at Amazon and All Fine Bookstores
Contact Info and Form
I hate SPAM. Your information will never be shared, sold, or used for marketing.