Get Your Copy NOW from Amazon
It's time for a change. The traditional approach to financial literacy and wellness is wrong and does not work.
Don’t worry. You don’t need a Ph.D. in economics to understand money. However, you do need to know that what you most likely know about money, regardless of where you learned it, does NOT consider behavior. I bet you were taught:
- You are rational when you choose and spend.
- You are excellent and efficient at acquiring and processing information.
- You always make smart decisions and without regret.
- You are good at determining the future consequences of your decisions.
- You always have enough information for you to make the right decisions.
- You always try to gain maximum wealth and income.
- You don’t care and are not influenced by what others are doing around you.
- You have very narrow self-interest and will do what is best for you.
- You are pretty much like everyone else, and there is a tiny difference in how everyone collects information and makes decisions.
- You live, work, interact, and spend in efficient markets.
This is not how I behave. Do you? What was the last thing you bought? Large or small purchases, it doesn’t matter. How rational were you? Did you have a plan and stick to it? Or is this more like you? For example, you need a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk. So, you drop by a supermarket to pick some up. You run in and out of habit, grab a cart. Before you know it, you’ve filled your cart. And when you get home, you realize you’ve spent a lot of money on things you didn’t need – and forgotten the milk and bread.
We’ve all done this. That’s why Behavioral Financial Wellness is so critical to your financial security and peace of mind.
Discovering your Money Temperament will unleash your Money SuperPowers and make you a better spender. And you will reap the emotional and economic benefits of Behavioral Financial Wellness.
Read Discover Your Money Temperament, A Common-Sense Guide to Financial Security. Accept that you are human and that you will always behave human with your money.
- Bookmark this blog.
- Follow along.
- Discover your natural Money Temperament, manage your behavior - not your money.
- Join the Behavioral Financial Wellness discussion and spread the word.